The City Council is scheduled to vote on the budget May 12.
Two public hearings are scheduled:
- April 23 at 6 p.m., Green Run High School, 1700 Dahlia Drive
- April 28 at 6 p.m., City Council chamber, 2401 Courthouse Drive
To view the proposed budget, there are two options:
· To explore details of the budget, try OpenVB. It’s an easy-to-use, graphical alternative to wading through hundreds of pages of technical documents. Citizens can focus on any aspect of the budget – revenues, expenses, operations and capital projects – in great detail. Every detail is available – at the big-picture level or at the level of individual line items.
– To explore expenses, go to Budgetexpenditure.vbgov.com.
– To explore revenues, go to Budgetrevenue.vbgov.com.
· To read budget documents, either in online flip-book format or to download as a PDF documents, visit www.VBgov.com/budget. Three documents are available: an executive summary, a detailed operating budget and a detailed six-year capital program.