Companies, celebrities, athletes and foundations launch new fruit and vegetable brand aimed at taking over America’s taste buds.
The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) just launched FNV in Hampton Roads – a campaign with the goal of increasing the sales and consumption of fruits and vegetables. The brand was launched in two markets this year: Fresno, California and right here in Hampton Roads, Virginia.
The Hampton Roads region was introduced to this compelling and dynamic brand, this past weekend at multiple locations. It served as a sort of pop-up lounge that offered fruit and veggie-based treats, an exciting DJ spinning remarkable tunes and even giveaways. The adventure began on Friday, June 5, at Farm Fresh on Laskin Road in Virginia beach from 4 to 6 p.m. It was then transported to our very own Harborfest in Downtown Norfolk from 2 to 8 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
The FNV brand is fresh and exciting, utilizing a unique and creative attitude in order to show that healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables can be cool and relevant too.
“FNV was inspired by big consumer brands, whose tactics are relentless, compelling, catchy and drive an emotional connection with their products,” said PHA CEO Lawrence A. Soler. “We want to do the same thing for fruits and veggies, which have never had an opportunity to act like a big brand. Until now.”
The fresh and cutting-edge look of the campaign was created by Victors & Spoils, an award-winning advertising agency that is also one of many founding supporters of FNV. The other supporters consist of organizations that are seeking to promote and market fruits and vegetables in a new and interesting way. These organizations include :
- Avocados From Mexico – a non-profit organization with the goal of promoting year-round usage of avocados, they are also the leading supplier of avocados in the U.S.
- Bolthouse Farms – this organization is a division of the Campbell Soup Company, they are a leading producer of carrots, fresh juices, yogurts and other premium refrigerated products.
- The Honest Company – a lifestyle brand with a cornucopia of products in the categories of baby, personal care, home care, etc.
- Produce for Better Health – through private/public sector collaboration, this organization seeks to open up an environment where the public can increase the use of fruits and vegetables in all of their meals.
- Produce Marketing Association – a trade organization that represents companies from every segment of the global fresh produce and floral supply chain.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation – they are the largest health and health care foundation in the nation with the goal to build what is known as a Culture of Health to help people live healthier and longer lives.
- Sweetgreen – a seasonal kitchen with locations based in DC, New York, Philadelphia and Boston dedicated to seasonal food and the balance of work, life, food and community.
- WWE – better known as World Wrestling Entertainment, delivers family-friendly programming to a world-wide audience and also supports social issues.
FNV is supported by a wide range of top celebrities and athletes, some of which include : actors Kristen Bell and Jessica Alba, WWE star John Cena, musician Nick Jonas, and the list continues.
The importance of this brand stems from statistics that show that up to 30% of children in America do not consume any vegetables and about 20% do not consume any fruit. Also, nearly $2 billion a year is spent annually on advertising food and drink to youth, but only a mere 1/20th of it is spent on promoting healthier foods.