Attention local artists! Do you want to create art in the NEON District?
The NEON District is hosting a new round of public art projects to be completed this spring. Open to artists living or working in Hampton Roads.
There are TWO (2) opportunities open for digital art submissions:
- Traffic Signal Box ($500 honorarium)
- Wayfinding Sign Inserts ($100-$400 honorarium)
- Open call goes live on Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Submission deadline is Friday, February 23, 2018
- Artist selections will be announced in March 2018
- All projects must be installed by April 30, 2018
- Non-refundable fee of $20.00
- One $20 fee covers submissions for two (2) open calls.
- You do not have to apply for both projects, however there is no reduction in the application fee if you only apply for one project.
Artists must provide the following in the application:
- Basic contact information
- Brief description of the work
- High resolution digital files of work proposed
If selected for a project, you will be required to provide the Downtown Norfolk Council a W9 tax identification form and an artist grant application before your work is installed.
For more info or to submit, click here.