Juried Exhibit at Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library
Virginia Beach Public Library is accepting applications from individual artists for a group exhibit, “Images of Hampton Roads,” to be displayed at the Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library in September. Images may be paintings, drawings, photographs, collages or other two-dimensional artwork featuring people, places or distinctive aspects of southeast Virginia. Selections will be made by juried process.
To be eligible, the artwork must be:
- Two-dimensional, framed wall art (e.g., painting, photography, collage)
- Original artwork by the applicant
- Suitable for display in a public library
- Available for display Sept. 1 to 30
Applicant portfolios must include:
- Brief letter of application describing each artwork, including its subject, artistic medium (e.g., oil paint), and framed size (height x width in inches)
- Contact information (email and phone number) of the artist-applicant
- Digital images or photographs of no more than three art pieces
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope, if submitting non-digital photos or art
Portfolios must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 24. Submissions may be sent via email to Rkennedy@vbgov.com, submitted to the library in person or mailed to Robert C. Kennedy, Volunteer Art Gallery Coordinator, Meyera E. Oberndorf Central Library, 4100 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA, 23452.