Downtown Hampton Development Partnership (DHDP) is pleased to announce a call to artists to create light pole banners that will create awareness for the Arts and Cultural District in Hampton.
The designation, which covers much of downtown and Phoebus, was created to encourage arts-based businesses and cultural institutions to locate or expand in the district. It is also designed to highlight and strengthen the existing arts and cultural assets in the downtown Hampton and Phoebus areas in a connected way that creates synergy and additional foot traffic.
- Artist must be a resident of Coastal Virginia.
- Artist may submit only one image for consideration.
- Artist must include Downtown Hampton and Phoebus logos at bottom of banner logo (logos can be found here).
- Artist must include the phrase “Arts and Cultural District” in design.
- Artist must submit original work.
- Artist must not include his or her name or identifying characteristics anywhere on the banner.
- Although there is not a specific theme, artists should keep in mind the artistic and historic events of Hampton.
- Artwork must not include profanity or offensive language/imagery.
- Entry must be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26. Please write Arts and Cultural District Banner in the subject line of your message.
- Image file must be a high resolution (300 dpi only) JPG or PDF without the artist’s name, and only use three colors throughout. Banners will be 30”x82.5” in size.
Email entry must include:
- Artist Name
- Brief Bio
- Phone number
- Email address
- Artwork title
Selected images will be used in the banners that will represent and promote the initiative.
Artist will allow images to be used in any publications, and allow for full color and/or black and white reproduction.
Images will be selected by a blind jury.
Each winning artist will receive a $250 honorarium.
Deadline for entry is August 26 at 5pm; winning entries will be unveiled on September 17.