Want to watch LAVA Festival from the VIP area in front of the stage? All you got to do is get creative with your camera.
An explosion occurred at the Selden Arcade, 215 E. Plume Street on Friday, April 18, 2015 at approximately 8:15 p.m. Thankfully, no one was injured.
Portsmouth... The next Detroit?
I’m morbidly fascinated by the apparent train wreck that is the Portsmouth City Council.
Living in Norfolk there is no doubt that there are plenty of musically and artistically inclined individuals, and that’s what I love about it. There is a sense of community between different creatives, and every weekend you know there will be live music somewhere in the city.
Last night Josh Coplon, the man behind LAVA Music Festival, and AltDaily's Jesse Scaccia had the pleasure of checking out Waters and Matt and Kim at the NorVa. This is their conversation review.
Do you ride a bike? Do you dread getting a flat? Intimidated by all those parts on the back wheel? Stumped by talk of pressure, pumps, valves, and CO2?
Martin Snead has proved to Virginia Beach that he really does know the ins and the outs of vinyl. His store, Vinyl Daze Records, will celebrate its fourth birthday on June 15 this year.
CB Wilkins. Who is this man? You may follow him on Twitter or Facebook. You may have caught his stand-up routine at a variety of comedy havens in Hampton Roads. (I've even heckled him.) But who is he? Who is he really?
AltDaily is hosting a special showing of the classic film The Princess Bride at the Naro on Friday, April 17, at 9pm. There's O'Connor beer in the theater and we always encourage you to show up in costume. Here are some suggestions.
With a torture chamber streaked with blood, an armory full of blood stained weapons, and a lake of tears ending in red drops, Bartok’s Bluebeard’s Castle is an opera bathed in blood and cloaked in mystery.
- Reasons to Leave Your House: Anybody Want a Peanut? Edition
- Celebrate Earth Day in Hampton Roads
- In Celebration of Poetry
- IYRTP: Supporting Good Mass Transit in #HRVA Means Being Against Light Rail Expansion
- IYRTP: It's Good to Be Ronnie Boone, Sr. in Norfolk, VA
- Architecture Week in Virginia: Get Involved Locally
- Video: Installing "Chihuly in the Garden"
- Never Stop Having Fun: Revenge of the 5th in Town Point Park (this time with dogs!)
- Long Live the Gourmet Cupcake! Carolina Cupcakery
- Can a Building in Virginia Beach Live Off the Power & Water Grids for a Year?