Sometimes I like to consider myself a mini expert on Japan. I learned to speak and write Japanese in school years ago; I’ve traveled all over Japan numerous times; and most currently relevant, my brother, who has lived in Japan for 13 years, married into the coolest family of Japanese artists.
7-9pm: Meet the FBI’s “real Indiana Jones” at the Mariner’s Museum during an edge-of-your-seat presentation. For more, click here.
7:30pm: See the Joffrey Ballet at the Ferguson Center for the Arts. For more, click here.
8pm: Beginning Thursday and running through Sunday, the College of William & Mary’s Department of Theatre, Speech & Dance and the Orchesis Dance Company present An Evening of Dance. Tickets range from $7-15, and shows are 8pm Thursday through Saturday, and 2pm on Sunday. For more, click here.
8:30pm: Kick back on your couch with your favorite friend and join Skye’s Bountiful Bling Bling Birthday Bonanza Concert! Though this is really a reason NOT to leave your house (the internet is awesome), it should still be loads of fun with new songs, 90s covers, laughs, games, prizes and more. For more, click here.
I love the idea of having a huge stadium in Norfolk-Virginia Beach. It just has to be built big enough. Not only is the proposed area for the stadium a poorly accessible dead end of a highway, but the arena itself is simply too small. There likely isn’t a team that would be willing to relocate to a new stadium that has such a small seating capacity. Most arenas in the NBA have around 19 or 20,000 seats, with the lowest being in Sacramento, at around 17,000. The VB Stadium would only hold 15,500, and that's simply not worth it to a huge NBA franchise to relocate.
Let's talk about a very important man, Virginia Beach City Councilman John Moss.
- Talbot Hall Deal Represents Progress, and more in If You Read the Paper
- Nauticus Leads Way in Waterfront Revitalization
- Friday Featured Artist: Joey Di Nardo, Open Source Music Composer
- Neon Exhibit to Open in the Historic Texaco Building
- Reasons to Leave Your House: Spring is coming, spring is coming Edition
- VCU Protesters Show Support for Beaten U.Va. Student
- What I Learned from Meyera
- Tried & True Beer Styles: Coelacanth Brewing in Norfolk
- Virginia Beach to Pursue Ultra-High-Speed Internet Network
- Theater Review: "Clybourne Park" at Generic Theater