AltDaily and Virginia State Parks have teamed up to encourage you all to get out and enjoy the beautiful wild of the Commonwealth.
The lead story in this week's column sadly exemplifies how little popular support the concept of fairness seems to enjoy in contemporary America. In addition, we recognize an important anniversary, explore a possible conspiracy, and make note of a noteworthy passing.
Greetings from kitten land. This week is special because we are featuring cats from the Norfolk Animal Care & Adoption Center (NACC), the shelter that I adopted both of my cats from!
I am from the Motor City. I may have mentioned it once or twice. The music of Motown is the soundtrack of my teens. I danced in the streets, in my girlfriend’s rec room and at junior high sock hops with Martha Reeves and the Vandellas. We tried to copy the tight choreography and pretend we were as cool as the Vandellas or as chic as the Supremes.
Long, snaking, tense lines of law-abiding Americans. They're being patted down. Men and women in uniforms with shiny badges dart their eyes cynically between a state issued ID and the stressed face of the citizen.
5:30-9pm: Don’t miss the final Sunset on the River at the Hermitage Museum and Gardens with Major and the Monbacks!
6pm: Join the adventure with the Virginia Aquarium Family Great Adventure Series on the beach. After the family fun, stay to watch Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets at 8:30pm.
6pm: Waffletina @ The Birch's 43 Hours of B. United International! Some of the bestest things, together.
6-9pm: If you want to catch some music by water and you find yourself on the Peninsula, head to The Mariners’ Museum & Park for Thursdays by the Lake featuring Snack Bar Jones.
More Articles ...
- Laura & Chris: Long Live the Boneshakers, Trump vs. The World, McDonald's Secret Menu, and More
- The Karaoke Cult of Ghent: Singing Loud & Proud at Belmont
- One of the Best 18 in Hampton Roads: Cahoon Plantation
- 5 Folks Who Should Apply to Glass Wheel's Studio Artist Program
- Generating a Different Kind of Power: Meet Dominion Power's Waterboy, Frank Wagner
- Mike Rau: Big Money Has the Tail Wagging the Dog in Norfolk
- Storyteller Spotlight: Kyle Reed
- Max Shapiro: Can Fraim Compete with McCabe's Army of Political Foot Soldiers?
- Reasons to Leave Your House: Don’t Get Lost in the Labyrinth While Heading to Restaurant Week Edition
- Movement on the Water: Groundbreaking for Waterside Live! Announced